How to get the membership?
EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS
Spanish and European Union citizens who fulfill any of the following requirements:
Hold one of the following degrees or PhD's in:
- Political and Economic Sciences (Economic Section).
- Political, Economic and Trade Sciences (Economic and Commercial Section).
- Economic and Business Administration Sciences.
- Business Administration.
- Actuarial and Financial Sciences.
- Market Research and Technique.
- Hold the title of "Intendente" or "Actuario Mercantil".
- Have obtained validation of a foreign degree for any of the named above.
The validation is requested by contacting:
Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte
Subdirección General de Títulos, Convalidaciones y Homologaciones
Paseo del Prado, 28-28014-Madrid
Tfno: 91 506 56 00
- Have obtained from the "Ministerio de Economía y Hacienda" recognition of a degree issued by a European Union country to practice as an economist (System regulated by "Orden del Ministerio de Presidencia" May 19, 1995, extended by RD 1665-91, under the EU Directive on the recognition of university degrees of more than three years long).
To apply for professional recognition as an economist, it must be addressed to:
Ministerio de Economía
Subdirección General de Recursos Humanos
(anteriormente Subdirección General de Planificación, Organización y Servicios)
Paseo de la Castellana, 135-planta 4ª. 28046-Madrid
Tfno: 91 583 65 14
Foreigners, not members of the European Union who meet the following two conditions:
- Have obtained the validation of a foreign degree for one of those listed in point 1 above.
- Be entitled to reciprocity for practicing as an economist.
This last condition is acquired by one of the following ways:
- By the existence of a treaty between his country and Spain.
- By handing in (by the interested party) a certificate issued by the professional association of the foreign country, stating that he could work as an economist there.