Saltar al menú | Saltar al contenido
Economists - Colegio de León

Colegio de Economistas de León

Área de Colegiados MEMBERS ACCESS:
Sunday, February 5, 2023

How to get the membership?


Spanish and European Union citizens who fulfill any of the following requirements:

  1. Hold one of the following degrees or PhD's in:

    • Political and Economic Sciences (Economic Section).
    • Political, Economic and Trade Sciences (Economic and Commercial Section).
    • Economic and Business Administration Sciences.
    • Business Administration.
    • Actuarial and Financial Sciences.
    • Economy.
    • Market Research and Technique.
  2. Hold the title of "Intendente" or "Actuario Mercantil".
  3. Have obtained validation of a foreign degree for any of the named above.

    The validation is requested by contacting:
    Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte
    Subdirección General de Títulos, Convalidaciones y Homologaciones
    Paseo del Prado, 28-28014-Madrid
    Tfno: 91 506 56 00

  4. Have obtained from the "Ministerio de Economía y Hacienda" recognition of a degree issued by a European Union country to practice as an economist (System regulated by "Orden del Ministerio de Presidencia" May 19, 1995, extended by RD 1665-91, under the EU Directive on the recognition of university degrees of more than three years long).

    To apply for professional recognition as an economist, it must be addressed to:
    Ministerio de Economía
    Subdirección General de Recursos Humanos
    (anteriormente Subdirección General de Planificación, Organización y Servicios)
    Paseo de la Castellana, 135-planta 4ª. 28046-Madrid
    Tfno: 91 583 65 14


Foreigners, not members of the European Union who meet the following two conditions:

  • Have obtained the validation of a foreign degree for one of those listed in point 1 above.
  • Be entitled to reciprocity for practicing as an economist.

This last condition is acquired by one of the following ways:

  • By the existence of a treaty between his country and Spain.
  • By handing in (by the interested party) a certificate issued by the professional association of the foreign country, stating that he could work as an economist there.